Microsoft Edge 95.0.1020.44 Stable Google Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, or Yandex, are all different browsers, but they also have a common base: Chromium. It is an open-source project created by Google and is really the most fundamental part of the browser, its engine, it’s base. Therefore, you can think of Chrome as a modification of Chromium to which Google has added its own codecs, plugins, and specific options.
All browsers that use Chromium
as a base, however, share some common aspects. For example, everyone can use the same catalog of extensions, and although some browsers decide to include their own extension stores to have more personal control of what they offer, in the end, they can also install third-party ones.
This popularity of Chromium has made some other companies that were trying to use their own engine for their browsers have surrendered.
The last one has been Mircosoft announcing that
they will make Edge use Chromium, although there
are still some other browsers like Firefox that try to resist.
Therefore, for practical purposes, that Edge is passed to
Chromium means that you can use Chrome extensions
and many pages that are optimized for
the Google browser will start to be better used in Edge.
Both browsers will go from being direct competition to
being simple brothers or cousins who share a common base,
although Microsoft will still be able to improve it in their own way to make their stand out.
Overview of Microsoft Edge Chromium Features
- Even in its early form, the new Edge browser is blazing fast.
- Microsoft’s revamped Edge interface is clean and stylish, although it’s not necessarily a major improvement over Chrome.
- The home page can be customized with three different templates.
- Not as resource-hungry as Chrome.
You Also Like
Technical Details and System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Pentium IV or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Free Hard Disk Space: 200 MB or more