TIA Portal V18
With the latest TIA Portal V18 (Totally Integrated Automation Portal), Siemens has extended engineering with new, more practical functions for the various stages from planning, to connecting, to operations. Innovations focus on continuous integration into the development process. These include technical standardization, cross-team integration, and integrated functional testing.
This allows users to increase the quality of their products, shorten uptime and reduce engineering costs.
Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) software was first developed in 1996 by Siemens engineers. This is a major breakthrough when integrating all the tools into a single software suite. From designing, testing, operating and maintaining automation system upgrades, TIA software saves engineers time, cost and effort.
SIMATIC STEP 7 (TIA Portal) is a well-known and widely used software in the field of industrial automation. TIA Portal’s interface is designed to be user-friendly, suitable for both novices and experienced programmers in automation programming. With this software, you can configure, program, test and diagnose all PLC controllers as well as existing Siemens modules and HMIs easily.
Features of TIA Portal V18
- Motion Enhancements – Velocity Gearing, Extensions for superimposed motion and camming
- 5D / 6D Kinematics – Kinematic functions for up to 6 interpolating axes
- SW Controller T/TF– New: SIMATIC Software Controller T/TF for high-end Motion Control
- S7-1500T/TF News – New: SIMATIC S7-1514 SP T/TF Performance & Memory increase for S7-1511T/TF and S7-1515T/TF Drive Controller Enhancements
- Advanced Programing – Unit concept with Namespaces, Failsafe program in a SW-Unit TO references (1St step)
- Trace – Long-term trace with TIA Portal (1St step) Fast Fourier Transformation
TIA Portal V18 System requirements
- Supported operating systems: Windows 7/8/10/11 and Server (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ i3-6100U processor, 2.3 Ghz or higher
- RAM: 16GB RAM
- Free hard disk space: SSD with at least 50 GB of free space