Omnisphere 2.8 – Endless Possibilities Omnisphere is the flagship synthesizer of Spectrasonics – an instrument of extraordinary power and versatility. Top Artists all over the world rely on Omnisphere as an essential source of sonic inspiration. This award-winning software brings many different types of synthesis together into one amazing-sounding instrument that will spark a lifetime of exploration.Hardware Synth Integration
Omnisphere is the only software synth in the world to offer a Hardware Synth Integration feature. This remarkable innovation transforms over 65 well-known hardware synthesizers into extensive hands-on controllers that unlock Omnisphere’s newly expanded synthesis capabilities. Simply put, this ground-breaking feature makes using Omnisphere feel just like using a hardware synth! By bridging the physical experience gap between software and hardware, users gain intuitive control of Omnisphere by using the familiar layout of their supported hardware synth. Virtual instrument users can now experience the joy of the hardware synth workflow and hardware synth users can fully expand their capabilities into the vast sonic world of Omnisphere!
Greatly Enhanced Arpeggiator
- New Humanity and Life controls!
- New Presets Library
- New Strumming Modifiers
- Chord Voicings
- Pitch Slides
- Step Dividers
- Capture MIDI Files!
New Hardware Sound Library
Omnisphere includes a stunning new “Hardware Library” with over 1,600 new patches created by Eric Persing and the renowned Spectrasonics Sound Development team. Each hardware profile has a corresponding set of sounds in the Hardware Library which were specially designed using that hardware synth as an Omnisphere controller. These inspiring new sounds feature a wide range of categories and many have a distinctly ‘classic’ flavor! Notably, this update takes Eric’s classic sound design work from the original 1987 Roland D-50 into completely new sonic territory with Omnisphere’s vast synthesis capabilities. Best of all, the new sounds are available for ALL users, regardless of using the hardware or not!
Vastly Expanded Synthesis Engine
- Four Layers per patch!
- New State Variable Filters
- Over 500 DSP Wavetables
- Powerful Granular Synthesis
- 8 LFOs, 12 ENVs, 34 Filter Types per part
- Doubled Mod Matrix
- Full FX Modulation
You can use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere, simply by dragging it onto the interface! Go wild with using the new Granular Synthesis, Harmonia, Innerspace and many other creative tools inside Omnisphere!
High Resolution Interface
Omnisphere supports a newly redesigned, high resolution interface with support for HiDPI displays. The modernized GUI is now easier to use and resizable to fit comfortably into your workspace.
Includes over 14,000 sounds!
Since the beginning, Omnisphere has been the sonic weapon of choice for creative players and producers in search of next level sounds on hit records, bestselling games and Oscar-winning films. Omnisphere’s amazing sound library is constantly growing and being pushed in fresh directions by the award-winning Spectrasonics Sound Development Team.
- Standalone Application now included
- Enhanced Orb interface with Attractor mode
- Satellite Instrument support for Trilian and Keyscape
- and more!
A new brand of innovative products built by Spectrasonics, that introduce a completely new experience for Omnisphere by extending its capabilities with special features, effects and sounds. Find out more about the incredible Sonic Extensions at the special website!
Omnisphere Software version 2.8.5c
- Adds “Any” MIDI channel routing option to the MIDI Channel menus on the MIXER page. When “Any” is selected, MIDI Channels 1-16 are sent to the Part (aka MIDI “Omni Mode”).
- Fixes issue where the plugin output could become muted after loading multiple DAW projects in a row. This fix was added specifically for Cantabile (a Windows-only Host), but the error is likely reproducible in other Hosts.
- Fixes note playback timing issues when Solo mode or the Arpeggiator were enabled and the host buffer size was large.
- Fixes issue where the “Modulate with Orb” option in the right-click contextual menu did not work.
- Fixes issue where the Patch dirty indicator (asterisk) could incorrectly disappear after using the UNDO command.
- Seismic Pump effect: Improves TRIGGER button behavior when MODE = “Triv. Inv” and LOOP is Off.
- Seismic Pump effect: Fixes issue with “Triv. Inv” mode where the envelopes were retriggered by incoming MIDI note events.
- Mac only: Fixes issue on macOS where folders/files in STEAM could not contain a backslash character
- Standalone app: Fixes issue where the Flow Capture feature did not record Metronome Tempo changes into the MIDI file correctly.